The latest edition of Desert X AlUla begins on 11th February with contemporary artworks from Saudi and international artists being placed in the impressive landscape of AlUIa.
This year’s exhibition theme “Sarab” explores the concepts of mirage and oasis and how they are both intrinsic to desert history and culture, that have taken on complex worldwide significance over time. Invited to consider these ancient concepts, participating artists have responded with new works that address dreams, camouflage, fiction, dis/appearance, extraction, illusion and myth, while also examining the dichotomy between the natural and man-made worlds.
Under the curatorial vision of Reem Fadda, Raneem Farsi and Neville Wakefield, 15 artists have been commissioned to bring their works to the beautiful destination for the event sharing their vision and voices from around the world.
The exhibition will run until 30th March 2022. For more information please visit livingmuseum.co
The full list of this year’s exhibiting artists is below:
- Shadia Alem, Saudi Arabia, based in Paris.
• Dana Awartani, Saudi Arabia, based in Jeddah.
• Serge Attukwei Clottey, Ghana, based in Accra.
• Claudia Comte, Switzerland, based in Basel.
• Shezad Dawood, United Kingdom, based in London.
• Jim Denevan, United States, based in Santa Cruz.
• Stephanie Deumer, Canada, based in Los Angeles.
• Sultan bin Fahad, Saudi Arabia, based in Los Angeles.
• Zeinab Alhashemi, United Arab Emirates, based in Dubai.
• Alicja Kwade, Poland, based in Berlin.
• Shaikha Al Mazrou, United Arab Emirates, based in Dubai.
• Abdullah AlOthman, Saudi Arabia, based in Riyadh.
• Khalil Rabah, Palestine, based in Ramallah.
• Monika Sosnowska, Poland, based in Warsaw.
• Ayman Zedani, Saudi Arabia, based in Riyadh.