Fashion Trust Arabia hosted its third annual FTA 2021 Prize on 3rd November 2021 in Doha, Qatar.
With a star-studded guestlist including international and regional celebrities, press and VIPs the glamourous event, which took place at the National Museum, saw this year’s five winners announced on the evening.
FTA Founder Tania Fares welcomed guests alongside Her Excellency Sheikha Al Mayassa bint Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, Chairperson of Qatar Museums and Co-Chair of Fashion Trust Arabia, under the Patronage of Her Highness Sheikha Mossa Bint Nasser.
The winners were selected by the FTA Jury which this year included the likes of Virgil Abloh, Zuhair Murad, Pierpaolo Piccioli, Natalia Vodianova, Lorraine Schwartz, Elie Saab, Alexa Chung and more.
Twenty-four candidates presented their collections during a judging day at the M7 culture space in Doha. After discovering the collections which covered various different categories the final winners were announced during a gala event yesterday evening.
This year’s winners are:
- Zaid Affas, Ready-to-Wear designer winner
- Alia Bin Omair, Jewellery designer winner
- Port Tanger (by Bilal Fellah,) Accessories designer winner
- Benchellal (by Mohamed Benchellal,) Eveningwear designer winner
- El Tayeb Nation (by Abdelgarder El Tayeb), Franca Sozzani Debut Talent Award
- A New Cross (by Agustin Nicolas Rivero), Guest Country Award
Each winner will receive financial support of up to $200,000, and benefit from an extensive mentorship program with key FTA partners. This includes a special partnership with retailer MATCHESFASHION, which will be stocking exclusively on its website all FTA 2021 winners, in addition to providing business mentorship.
Find out more at www.fashiontrustarabia.com