Stripes have always been a classic wardrobe staple, but watch out for an explosion of stripes this year! We have seen this trend for two to three seasons now and it does not look like it will be going away anytime soon. From dresses and coats to shoes and bags and in a variety of vibrant colours and styles, make sure you have a real mix of striped goodies to play with. So to fight the January blues and to kick start your 2017 wardrobe, we have shortlisted our favourite striped pieces on the market!
1. Solid and Striped – The one piece has not only replaced the bikini but is also extremely flattering and elegant. This striped number will flatter your figure even more and we simply love the muted colour palette.
2. Edie Parker – Every girl should own an Edie Parker clutch bag! So why not be the envy of everyone with this vibrant, rainbow striped accessory!
3. Ann Demeulemeester – Turn heads in this luxurious linen blend coat, featuring engraved silver buttons, black and taupe stripes and tailored with an inverted pleat at the back.
4. Gucci – Athleisure is probably one of the biggest trends of 2017 and we can’t stop swooning over these wool blend crepe track pants! Featuring snap fastenings and two tone web stripes down the leg, these retro trousers are both flattering and seriously on trend.
5. Alexander McQueen – We love the the layered aspect to this feminine skirt which features pleats, ruffles and stripes, adding a retro and athletic touch.
6. Fendi – Bag charms are huge right now. Accessorise your bag with this fun ball of striped fur!
7. Saint Laurent – You can’t go wrong with a classic, navy blue breton stripped cashmere jumper. The perfect item for a capsule wardrobe and for anyone who wishes to ooze that effortlessly cool and chic look.
8. Dolce & Gabbana – Combine two trends in one with these playful shoes from Dolce & Gabbana. Featuring a striped sandal with a block heel, embellished with under the sea trinkets and creatures.
9. Gucci – Pink is the colour for 2017! Make a statement in this eye-catching embellished gown, made from striped lame and a touch of silk. Wear on its own for a head turning evening look or layer it over a printed shirt to really draw attention and for a bang on trend look!
By Amy Louise