The theme of the 13th edition of the Global Art Forum hosted by Art Dubai has been revealed as education.
Entitled “School is a Factory?”, and programmed by editor and writer Victoria Camblin as well as curator Fawz Kabra, the event in March aims to address the urgent challenges and opportunities facing education today.
The two-day forum taking place 20-21 March 2019 during Art Dubai will be answering the following questions;
- What should education prioritise in the coming decade?
- How should humans be taught in the age of accelerated mechanisation?
- Is the notion of ‘learning for life’ just an opportunistic tagline?
- Will higher education escape the ghetto of elitism?
- Do past experiments in education have something to teach today?
- And, will we need humans to teach humans anymore, anyway?
To address the above, the forum will welcome Curator of Contour Biennale 9 Nataša Petrešin-Bachelez, Designer Amir Berbic, Initiators of Campus in Camps Sandi Hilal and Alessandro Petti in conversation with Fawz Kabra.
Stay tuned for the full programme that will be announced later this month.