As we get used to the new normal of wearing face masks every day, our make-up routine has become all about eyes. we discover some of the latest products, tips and tricks to getting perfectly groomed brows without having to visit the salon.
With today’s products ranges, you don’t even have to visit the salon to get brows you love. Benefit Cosmetics is the leading beauty brand when it comes to brows and the new Brow Microfilling pen has captured the feel of microbladed brows but without the cost, pain or time usually involved. The Brow Microfilling Pen is a go-to when it comes to creating a natural microbladed brow look at home. Yara Ayoob, Benefit’s Regional Brow Artist reveals on-trend brow looks you can create at home with the Brow Microfilling Pen.
- A Statement Brow is often bolder with lots of texture and volume. However, creating a bold and textured brow is not always easy with pencils or pomades because you need to have consistent shape and colour of the hair-like strokes.
- For the best result, use an inky, ultra-fine tipped pen-like Benefit Brow Microfilling Pen. It has a 3-prong tip that helps keep the strokes uniform in shape and in colour, both of which are important in a Statement Brow.
- Lamination is a professional brow service using perm solution to help redirect the hair of your brow hairs, giving the illusion of fuller, more defined brows. The results leave you with a brushed- up BOY BROW style. You can replicate this style at home by using a clear brow gel and Brow Microfilling Pen.
- Start by using a clear brow gel like Benefit’s 24-Hour Brow Setter and brush the brow hairs upward toward the hairline and outward toward the temple. After the hairs are coated, use your fingertip to gently press the hairs to the skin. After it dries completely, go in with the 3-prong tip of Brow Microfilling Pen to add in more structure in areas that may be sparse.
- For those with full brows, you will still see some spare areas after you brush up your brow hairs. To help fill those holes and keep the structure the same, try turning the Brow Microfilling Pen to the side and use the single prong to flick in a new hair or two or three.
Years of experience taught makeup mogul Charlotte Tilbury exactly what women needed when it came to perfecting their brows at home. That’s why her extensive brow makeup range doesn’t miss anything out. For a solution that really works, start with the Brow Lift eyebrow pencil to fill in the gaps and create shape, then finish with Legendary Brow, a precise eyebrow gel that will add volume and make your brows look fuller and thicker.
Before applying any makeup on your brows it’s important to sculpt them into shape. Fenty Beauty’s new Brow MVP Brow Sculpting Wax Pencil & Styler is a clear, universal brow was with a sweat and water-resistant formula that shapes and sets with a long-wear, flexible but firm hold. It also allows you to change the shape of your brows if you feel like a different look. Founder Rihanna explains: “I like to switch up my brow shape sometimes. Do I want a simple brow when I’m on the go, or do I want to be extra and have a more editorial, soap brow look? This brow wax lets you have fun and shape your brows just how you like them!”
BEST OF THE REST: